Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Let's Destroy Something!!!

Ever since we moved into our house we have had this "brilliant" plan of how we were going to remodel the kitchen. It, being one of the most expensive renovations, was put off over and over and over! Well, if you know me and Scott, you know how horrible we are at sitting still! We had this corner of our kitchen countertops that was stitches waiting to happen as soon as Ava got tall enough. One day we noticed that she was just centimeters away from splitting her head open...... and I am sure you can imagine how fast we got out the demo gear! We tried to be good at taking pictures along the way..... but they just don't do the project justice! Here is what we ended up doing:

*tore down a wall separating out living room and kitchen area
*ripped up the flooring
*tore out the soffet header
*rearranged the cabinets
*installed a beam
*added crown molding
*installed recessed lighting
*tiled the floor
*built an island
*painted






Now all we have left is the countertops and back splash! YAY! I am so in love with the way its turning out! And it was SO much fun doing it! Thanks to my AWESOME hubby and all of his mad skills!!!

6 comments:

Heather O'Brien said...

FUN! I'm jealous! I can't wait to see the finished product! You guys have been busy! Miss you!

Tiffani said...

I don't know how you could have done it all without me there to watch them hold the beam.

Heather Walker said...

WHAT!!! You guys should start your own DIY show! Can't wait to see the finished pics!

Jen and Lance said...

WOW! I am so impressed! Lance and I have talked about remodeling our kitchen for a few years now too, but too bad neither of us have those skills. Can we borrow yours?

Kristin said...

You guys amaze me. I hope whenever we buy a home again, we live close enough for you and Scotty to remodel :). I want some pics of the finished product.

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see it finished!! You guys are awesome, we could never do that:).