Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Not quite there...but in the market!!!



I need to find some maternity jeans and I have no idea where to start looking. Since most of you have been pregnant I would assume that you are all experts in this category. Or at least could tell me your likes and dislikes :) Some have draw strings and some have those "band" around the waist. Keep in mind I want them to look cute. Not moo-mooish!!!

10 comments:

Haskins said...

I might be strange but I loved wearing Materinty (sp?) clothing. They are just so comfortable! I love the strechy(sorry I am the worst speller) waist bands. They are just so darn comfortable! Good luck in finding some clothes!

Tai Christensen said...

Okay I love this post because my sister is pregnant (due in December) and I am always on the look out for really cute maternity clothes for her. I love Bellablumaternity.com, they have cute stuff and are reasonably priced. MiMi Maternity (in the Gateway) has such great stuff, but the are a little more expensive. If you really feel like treating yourself you can always go to Nordstrom Maternity and by some maternity designer jeans. Whatever you do stay away from the draw string top jeans. They cut off your circulation when your belly gets really big! And speaking of bellies, when exactly are you going to start showing :-)

jakeandstephanietaylor said...

I love the pink nursery and your room! My girls room is pink too! I LOVE IT!! Jake was a little skeptical at first but we both glad its pink and sooo girly!
Anyways about the jeans...your so tiny its going to be hard to find maternity pants for you. I have a hard time and Im not as small as you. For now I would just get jeans that have some stretch to them. Or get capris in a size XS from old navy (but I wouldnt recommend jean material) Gosh Im super negative about the whole maternity pants issue. I hate them...this last pregnancy I mostly wore my reg jeans pinned, rubberbanded....etc. but they had to be stretchy jean. Ok, another thing is that because you have cute tiny legs you could just wear leggings with long blousey shirts...YOU will look cute in anything...sorry if I made you worried, but its hard to find pants that fit!!! One more thing...Ive also gotten a couple pairs of maternity pants just from ROSS! They fit more toward the end, but they have small sizes:)

Kathy said...

I did not wear maternity anything with my last 3 kids. I just got jeans one size bigger and used the rubberband. Then after I had sadie I just wore the jeans with my lovely after baby body. But for some odd reason I have a hard time wearing things that I wore pregnant after I have the baby. I dont know if its the whole big kathy memories or I just am sick of the clothes. So my suggestion is to not buy millions of clothes. I have lots of shirts that I wore with Sadie last summer if you want them!!!

Unknown said...

I hated maternity clothes, yuck! Just the thought of wearing them again makes me gag! Sorry!! Since you are so little I would just get the ones that look like normal jeans with button and zipper still. That's what I did with my last one. Then I didn't feel like such a cow in the over the belly ones! (not that you will even look like big at all!) Good Luck! I mostly shopped at Motherhood so I didn't spend a ton of money on clothes I didn't like!

Beth said...

All I can say is the magic belly jeans from maternity were the most comfortable for the longest for me...also if you find a pair that you like you can always make them into maternity jeans that is what Jess did. Ash got some fancy expensive ones and loves them to death, just remeember that you are going to wear them like evry day so you need to like them a lot, not just sortof!

BRIANA said...

The fat band ones are nice and comfy for those middle months~ but towards the end (at least for me) I get plenty big enough that the band would just roll down below my belly anyway and was super uncomfy. So I definately prefer the drawstring or elastic type that sit way below the belly (that's where it's going to end up anyway!) I know I am always a sucker for a good deal and I hate spending lots of money on maternity clothes so my fav places to shop are Ross and Burlington (great prices once you dig through and find what you want!)

THE PRINCE FAMILY said...

I really like mimi maternity but it is expensive. I loved with my last baby that I could wear a lot of skirts in the summer with flip flops. Old Navy has cute clothes that are cheap. I like to buy cheaper maternity stuff because you are constantly changing sizes. I always start out a size small and end up in a large. Pretty depressing. But you need to be comfortable.

Lindsay said...

Random, it's Linz...Just blog stalking and seeing what you are up to. Um, the BEST maternity jeans (though crazy expensive) are citizens or Sevens. In love with them. Ok, but if you you are wanting to be reasonable (when I was pregnant, most reason went out the window, I got crazy) I have heard that Old Navy jeans are fantastic. A friend showed me hers and I loved them. They still have the button fly, so you feel semi normal, and the stretchy bands are on the sides. I haven't tried them, but on my next pregnancy that is the first place I am going. They looked great on her. If you try them, let me know what you think.

Jess said...

i know this sounds nuts, but make them. I love the secret fit belly they sell at Mimi maternity but they are expensive, so find a pair of jeans you like and buy a bellaband from motherhood maternity and I will show you how to make them. This way they will fit you how you like, and be cute. Now that I have had my baby and I am not on bedrest I could help you. all other maternity pants/jeans are just horrible!!!! Let me know if you would like help!